Work Detail: The stunning piece of artwork depicting a mythological concept on a double colour silk saree. This pattachitra painting depicts the Indian marriage function scenery, brushed by hand on the red colour pallu and the Indian marriage rituals practised by women near both sides of the red borders. The saree has painted goddess Laxmi on red colour border & floral border painted on saree which is adding richness to it. Soothing for summer and all weather. This delightful pattachitra saree is impeccable hope to wear it at any celebration. Pattachitra is a traditional hand painting of Odisha, India. All colours used in the paintings are natural and paintings are made up of the fully old traditional way of Odisha which is fascinating and most of the art depicts Hindu mythological stories.
- Length: 6.5 yards ( inclusive of Blouse )
- Fabric: Pure Tussar Silk
- Blouse Piece: Yes
- Colour: All vegetable dyes colours
- Theme: Traditional Indian Marriage (Pattachitra Hand painting)
- Set Context: Saree with blouse piece
- Care: Dry Clean only. Press on the reverse using a steam press (do not press on the paintings)
- Source: Handpainted by Artisans of Raghurajpur Village of Odisha.
- Wash dark colors separately, Do not bleach, Dry in shade
- The colour of the photos may be slightly different due to different lighting conditions at the time of photography
· This is an authentic pure handwoven piece; Minor irregularities are the uniqueness of handlooms, making each piece exquisite. Due to the artistic intricacies of the handwoven work unevenness in the hem and weave.