Work Details: Sambalpuri sarees are meticulously handcrafted by skilled weavers using traditional techniques passed down through generations. These sarees are known for their intricate and vibrant Ikat patterns created through tie-and-dye techniques, where the yarns are dyed before weaving. It features a rich variety of traditional motifs inspired by nature, mythology, and cultural heritage, such as flowers, birds, animals, and geometric patterns. The sarees showcase the mastery of techniques like bandha (tie-and-dye), Bomkai (extra weft designs), and meenakari (intricate threadwork), adding depth and richness to the designs.
· Product Type: Sambalpuri Cotton Saree
· Material: Pure Cotton
· Size : L: 6.2m×W:1.20m
· Colour: Red and yellow
· Wash Care: Dry-Wash, Wash dark colour separately, Do not bleach, Dry in shade
· Occasion: Special occasions, festivals and rituals
· Blouse: Yes
· Source: Handwoven in Sonepur, Bargarh, Sambalpur, Balangir and Boudh District of Odisha
· Dry clean or hand wash
· Use liquid detergent and cold water to wash this attire
· Avoid wrapping the saree in plastic bags
· Colour hues may vary from the image shown on the website
This is an authentic pure handwoven piece; Minor irregularities are the uniqueness of handlooms and make each piece exquisite. Due to the artistic intricacies of the handwoven work unevenness in the selvage and weave.